How to View Saved Wireless Password in Windows 10
If you are connected to a Wi-Fi network and you want to view the current password for it, then know that it is saved in your computer and you can view it easily. This tutorial is helpful if you’ve forgotten the Wi-Fi password but need it for some reason. The first thing that you make sure is that you are connected to the network that you need to find out the password for. In other words, it should be your current connection.
Once you have made sure of that, follow these simple steps:
- Right click on your Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar and click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
You will navigate to: Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center directly.
- Click on Change adapter settings.
A new window will open and you will now navigate to: Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections.
- Right click on your Wi-Fi adapter and click on Status.
- Click on the button that says Wireless Properties.
- Navigate to the Security
- Check the Show characters
Your password will be displayed in the Network security key field in plain text.