How to Transfer a Domain Name from One Registrar to Another
The process of transferring a domain name from one registrar to another is quite simple. You just have to unlock your domain name, get its transfer EPP code, provide the details in the new registrar and confirm the process a couple of times.
Here’s how the process goes like:
Here are the detail steps:
Prepare: For transfer at your Source Registrar
- Log into your account, visit your domain management area and click on the domain that you want to transfer.
- Make sure that your domain has been registered for at least 60 days.
- Check the administrative email and make sure it is correct.
- Unlock the domain name so that it can be moved from one registrar to another.
- Get the EPP authorization code which is like a very strong password.
Purchase: At your target registrar
- Log into your account, find the link that says Transfer Domains to your account and click on it.
- Input the domain name and EPP code that you obtained from your previous registrar.
- Make the necessary payment.
Verify: Admin Email
- Open your domain’s administrative email address and open the transfer confirmation email.
- Click on the confirmation link which will take you to the new registrar’s website. Approve the transfer there.
Complete: Final Step
The source registrar approves your transfer and it completes. It may take a few days depending upon your registrar. Some registrars send you confirmation emails which you can approve for immediate transfer. Transfer also completes after 6 days if you ignore such emails.