Starting Your First Blogger Blog and Post
Blogger is a great blogging service, as I have discussed before. The benefits that it provides are great for an experienced as well as a new blogger. This service works well if you want to share your words, pictures and other media with the world. You can share all the articles that you write, all the pictures that you took and even your videos.
Starting your own Blogger blog is a really simple task. It is as simple as signing up and creating an email account. Making your first post is also utterly simple. It is comparable to sending your first email.
If you want to hop on to this awesome blogging platform then follow these steps:
- Visit http://www.blogger.com or http://www.blogspot.com using your web browser.
- You will be prompted to sign in using your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, create one. If you do, then sign in with that account. If this is your first time signing into Blogger, then you will be prompted to confirm your Google+ profile.
- You will then be redirected to the Blogger home.
- From the Blogger home, click on “New Blog” to create a new blog.
- Enter details for your new blog. Choose a blog title, address (http://yourblogaddress.blogspot.com) and a template for your blog. Make sure that the blog address is available. As of now, the default templates available are: Simple, Dynamic Views, Picture Window, Awesome Inc, Watermark, Ethereal and Travel. These can be changed later.
- Click on “Create Blog” to create your very own blog.
- You will now see your Blog title in your Blogger home. Click on the Blog title and you will be taken inside the main area of that specific blog. From this area you will be able to make new posts and change other settings.
- You are done with creating your blog.
Making Your First Post
A post is anything that you write. You can include images and videos. A post will have a unique post URL that you can use to share with the world.
To make your first post follow these steps:
- Visit the Blogger home and then enter your blog.
- There will be a “New Post” button, click on it.
- You will see places where you can type and add content. There will be a post title area where you write down the title of your post.
- In the large typing area, you can type down words. You will also be able to add pictures, images and videos from the toolbar right above the compose area. Press respective toolbar buttons to do so. In the toolbar, you will also find different formatting and styling options, try them and use them if you need those.
- Once you are done with your post, check out the post settings in right side of the page. You will find the following settings there:
- Labels: Give your blog labels by which those posts can be identified. They are like categories in a way.
- Schedule: Set a date and time for the post. The date can be of the past or in the future. Normally present date is chosen. If you select a past date, then your post will be immediately published with the past time stamp. If you give your blog post a future time, then it will only be published when that time comes. Publishing in the future happens automatically once the date is reached.
- Permalink: It is the link for your blog post. You can choose Automatic Permalink which will generate a link based on the title. Or you can choose custom permalink which will allow you to create your very own link. Your link will be something like: http://yourblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/post-title.html
- Location: You can also add a location with your post. Browse through the map to tag a location to your blog post.
- Search Description: Set your unique meta description tag for your individual blog post. If useful, tt will be displayed in search engine results. You must activate meta description feature in Blogger first.
- Option: You can customize other options such as allowing or disallowing comments, interpretation of typed html and <br> tags. Their default setup is generally perfect.
- Once you are done customizing the options, hit on the “Publish” button.
- Your very own blog post will be made. You will be give options to share it on Google Plus. You can later review the post, preview it yourselves and make necessary edits if need be. You can also delete it.