How to Cancel Automatically Recurring Charges in PayPal?
Sometimes in PayPal, you get charged with automatic recurring payments. These charges are the result of websites subscribing you to automatically billed payments. You might have subscribed to such payments by mistake. Sometimes, you ignore these automatic billing methods while paying for a certain thing using PayPal. For example: Annual domain registration, membership or hosting fees can be charged automatically by a merchant if you paid using PayPal.
You do not want these recurring payments to deduct a periodic payment from your PayPal account. If you want to put a stop to such payments, then there is a way. You might have options in your merchant’s website to disable such payments. But it is better if your revoke authorized pre-approved payments in PayPal.
To cancel automatically recurring charges and payments in PayPal, login to your PayPal account and follow these detailed steps:
- In your PayPal account, click on “Profile” link (not any sub-menus links) available under the “My Account” tab. This is the default tab that is active once you log into PayPal.
- In Profile, from the links on the left click on “My money”.
- In the next page, find “My preapproved payments”. On the right, you will find a link that says “Update” which you will have to click.
- In “My preapproved payments” page, you will find a list of merchants who are allowed to deduct from your balance automatically. In my case it is Hostmonster.
- Click on a merchant’s name to get details about automatic billing.
- In the “Billing Details” page, find “Status” and hit the “Cancel” link next to it.
- Confirm your intention to cancel authorized/recurring payment.
- You will reach a confirmation page. The confirmation will also arrive via email. In preapprovement payments page, the merchant will also be shown with inactive status.