How to Setup Custom Domain in Name.Com for Blogger
Today, I am going to show how to use a custom domain name for the domain registrar Name.com. This is a great registrar with some competitive pricing for getting .com and several other domain names. This is the place where I mostly go, to buy domain names for blogging and other websites. When you want to use a custom domain name with blogger, Name.com is one of the highly recommended places to go for.
After getting a domain name from Name.com, you are going to change your blog URL from something like http://yourblog.blogspot.com to http://www.yourblog.com as well as http://yourblog.com. Your blog must work with and without the www to fit the needs of everyone. Your blog will look better with its own domain name. To use a custom domain, you must just point your CNAME record to Google (ghs.google.com). Doing it is really simple as Name.com provides a simple DNS management solution. DNS Records management is available at Name.com, once you point your domain’s records to their DNS servers.
Follow these steps to add a custom domain name in Name.com:
- Login to Name.com with your username and password.
- Go to “Account”, the place where all your domains registered are listed.
- Click on your domain to be redirected to its management page.
- From the links in the left, click on “Nameservers” and you will be shown the name servers that you use currently.
- Make sure that the nameservers are ns1.name.com, ns2.name.com, ns3.name.com and ns4.name.com. If it is not, then click on the “Use Default Nameservers” button and then on “Apply Changes” to make the change.
- Next, click on DNS Records from the links in the left.
- In “Type” select “CNAME”, under “Host” write “www” and in “Answer” enter the value ghs.google.com. Leave the default value for TTL. Click “Add Record” button to add this record.
- You will also have to add a verification “CNAME”. You will get this from Blogger. For verification CNAME you will have to add something like “7ittrexlqewy” under “Host” and a value like “gv-fsadfppsvtwjlm.dv.googlehosted.com” under “Answer. These values are unique and are obtained from Blogger, while adding the domain name.
- Add these four A names:
- In type select “A”. Leave “Host” empty and in “Answer” enter value 126.96.36.199
- In type select “A”. Leave “Host” empty and in “Answer” enter value 188.8.131.52
- In type select “A”. Leave “Host” empty and in “Answer” enter value 184.108.40.206
- In type select “A”. Leave “Host” empty and in “Answer” enter value 220.127.116.11
Your dns modifications will show as following:
- Now go to Blogger and select your blog to manage. Click on Settings > Basic. Under “Publishing” you will find “Blog Address” where you will be able to add your domain name. Enter the domain name that you configured above. You might have to wait a few hours for these changes to take effect.